One of our 2017 resolutions was to turn our healthy habits inward by focusing on our inner beauty. Just like we take great pains to keep our skin moisturized and hydrated, so our inner self need to be nourished too. To get you started, here are our 5 tips to leave you glowing.
- Smile more. Science proves that forcing yourself to smile (even when you’re in a bad mood!) can make you immediately happier, relax your body, improve your immune system and make another person smile too. Is there anything else so simple that yields such impressive results?
- Try something different. A dose of confidence + a splash of courage can squash self-doubt and create new opportunities. Challenge your comfort zone and ignite positive change in your life.
- Practice gratitude. Negativity only leads to more negativity. Instead, keep your thoughts thankful by writing down three reasons to be grateful before bed every night.
- Respect your reflection. Appreciate what makes you unique and let those quirky imperfections inspire others, not inhibit your own potential. If you're really struggling with this, invest in a good dry shampoo and limit yourself to no more than 20 minutes in the mirror each day. Your productivity will soar and your bad hair days will decrease.
- Conquer with kindness. All it takes is an encouraging word or simple act to make all the difference in someone’s life. There is no high like a selfless act. Choose compassion and leave a little sparkle wherever you go.
Want to pass on the positivity? Check out our Inner Beauty in a Bag program. For just $35, you buy yourself an adorable tote AND gift a bag full of hygiene necessities, beauty products, school supplies, inner beauty reminders and more to women and girls in safe houses, shelters and foster homes.